Friday, October 21, 2011

I'm Still Here!!!! :)

No…you aren't seeing things.  No one hacked my blog…

It really is me updating this thing! 

So, it's been 2 months & 2 days since my last post…but I'm like Heinz Ketchup and Cheese…worth the wait and I get better with time.

Ok - so that was cheese-y…no pun intended!
So…what has kept me occupied for the past 2 months and 2 days?  The same old, same old.  School started on August 25th…and soccer continues…and in the month of September, Dylan was doing driver's ed.  Driver's ed.  I cannot wrap my mind around the thought that I have a child old enough to drive.

But the driver's ed class was a great source of stress…since I had to have Dylan at school at 6:45…in the morning.  And no matter how tired I was, I could NOT adjust my "going to bed time" earlier to compensate for the early mornings.  My body rebelled…and for three weeks I was exhausted.
The first week of October was the Dixie Classic Fair.  This is one of my most favorite times of the year.  I was only able to go twice this year…the first Friday with my BFF, her hubby & Dylan…and the first Saturday with my family.  As always, it was fun and fall made a guest appearance for the fair…making it so much better.  The Fair is not the Fair unless it's a little bit chilly! :)

Last weekend, our family was supposed to go camping in Fancy Gap, VA; however, my mom & dad have been battling camper issues and the camper finally won.  We improvised our camping at Mom & Dad's with a campfire in their fire pit…we roasted hot dogs and made s'mores. 


My sister & her family went ahead and camped for the weekend and we drove up on Saturday to visit and play a bit.  We went to Galax for lunch…walked around the town…hit some of the stores.  We found a bathtub full of Hot Wheels - Ayden was in HEAVEN! :)

On our way back to the campground, we stopped at one of the overlooks off the Blue Ridge Parkway…

And then we went to an Alpaca farm!

I played with the kiddos on the playground at the campground...


And then we ate dinner…had more s'mores and headed home.  What a great day!
And this sweet little boy turned TWO yesterday!  We are celebrating big time this weekend! :)

Fall decided to set in for good yesterday.  Again…the yoyo weather of NC is just fabulous.  It was in the 80's on Monday & Tuesday…today's high is 60.  But the sun is out…the skies are blue…the leaves are turning.  It really is a great time to be in NC!  I have yet to turn my heat on…my original goal was to leave it off until October 1st…now I'm trying to make it to November 1st…but the next few days are going to be chilly…so I may be a little short on my goal!

Work has been crazy…we are down to one "office girl"…which would be ME.  It's been nice because I've kept pretty busy.  I'd prefer to be busy than to sit here and twiddle my thumbs!  But during my lunch breaks, when I used to blog, I've needed more of a "veg" time than a time when I had to think about writing and such!  I would love to get back into this so I'm not posting monthly (or bi-monthly) updates…but we shall see.  I miss reading your lovely posts and seeing what you are up to!  Any old time you are wondering about me, please feel free to drop me a line at brwnidgrljenn@gmail.com.  I'm trying to re-enter the Twitter world too…so if you are on Twitter, you can find me - @brwnidgrljenn.

Hope you are all well!  Hope to see you again soon!

No comments: