Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Where the Heart Is...

My heart is...

Snuggled down in my oh so comfy bed with a good book or a favorite movie

In a brown eyed boy who has grown up way too fast

Buried in the notes, lyrics, melodies and harmonies of a broad range of music

Between the pages of my favorite books that line my bookshelves...and some that are stacked here and there

Within the walls of my little yellow house

In a quiet, snowy morning

Around the corner from my little yellow house in my momma's kitchen...where I've been fed so many times - both physically and emotionally

In a musty, old auditorium at Fort Caswell where I gave my heart to Jesus

In the smiles, giggles and chatter of a blonde haired, hazel eyed 2 year old little boy

With my Aly-gator

Beside my best friend...in our laughter...and our tears

In the mountains of NC...and on the warm sandy beaches

Pieces and parts...left here and there...

Thank you to my friend Jen who let me "borrow" this idea! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this, Jenn!!!

And so sweet - especially the one about your brown-eyed boy. :)

Brandi said...

Well, hello there! :) Sounds like you have a happy heart.

Love the pics in the header!

Daydream Believer said...

This was really beautiful.