Thursday, April 12, 2012

2012 Goals - Update

A couple of months ago, I finally decided on setting some goals for 2012...things that I felt like are very reasonable...doable.  As a reminder, these are my 2012 Goals:

I thought it would be good to give a little update on where I am...mostly because I'm excited to see some of these getting ready to be crossed off the list! :)

1 - I am nowhere near accomplishing this goal.  My problem is that once I create a list, I want to cross everything off.  Never mind that this list is supposed to be something that I take 12 months to  finish.  So...after I set the goal, I took off...pushing myself (which is good for a runner mentality)...but I think I need to back up a little and work on some other areas of my physical fitness...and then begin to push further into this.  I would say I AM working towards this goal...it's a work in progress.

2 - I am very happy to say that I have made significant progress in this area.  I still have a ways to go in paying this off, but I feel really good about where I am with it.  And while I am still striving to have my credit card balance down to $0 by December 31st, I feel very certain that if for some reason I don't quite hit that mark, I will have it paid completely off in early 2013.

3 - I am CLOSING on my home mortgage refinance on Monday! :)  I'm so very excited about this...because who wouldn't appreciate a month without a house payment?  But also...I'm excited about reducing my interest rate by a little over 2%.  Also, within this process I had my home owners & auto insurances reviewed by another agent...and I cut my home owners down almost $200/yr.  The auto stays about the same...but I had been thinking for a while that my home owners was way too expensive - turns out I'm right! So, with the reduction of my home owners & the interest, I should see a good monthly saving in my house payment!

4 - Currently I have $300 in my savings account.  I had put a portion of my tax refund in savings for the appraisal that had to be done on my house...but I put more than I thought I would need, hoping to jump start my savings goal.  I really feel like I'll be up to the $500 mark by May or June.

5 - No progress...sadly enough...

6 - Eeek...I was doing really well with this for a while...and then I didn't.  Still need to work on this one.

7, 8 & 9 - I believe will all be accomplished within the next 30-60 days.  A lot depends on what happens at my re-fi closing.  If they cash out my existing escrow (*fingers crossed*), then I will have a nice little chunk of change that will go directly to accomplishing these three items...and maybe, just maybe, some new living room furniture.  I'm trying not to count my chickens before they hatch...but these are exciting times for me! ;)

So there you have it...Out of 9 items, I really feel good about the progress I've made (or should be making relatively soon) on several of these items.  I'm already doing better than I did in 2011!  :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Paying off both of my credit cards are on my list. Sadly I'm not close. :(