Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What I'm Loving Today


I'm loving...

Today's weather.  Finally some sun!  Monday was a monsoon...seriously.  They were calling for 2" of rain between 7am and noon...and I'm pretty sure we got it.  Add in the additional rain & storms that we got on Monday afternoon and during the night last night, and we are under flood warnings.  But no fears for me...I don't live anywhere near the Yadkin River...which I've heard is already above flood stages.  Yikes!

I'm loving...

When I went to the doctor a few weeks ago, they determined that I have a Vitamin D & B-12 deficiency.  So for 3 months I'm on a Vitamin D supplement and I get to go weekly for B-12 injections...which are not exactly pleasant.  They don't have the 1-2 day pain factor of a tetanus...but they leave a little pain in the arm where they do the injection.  But let me tell you...it's totally worth it.  I didn't realize how drained I was until I felt better.  I've had SO much more energy over the last few days (after my third injection last Friday).  I can't believe this is making THAT much difference.  I'm so thankful!

I'm loving...

That I met one of my other 2012 goals...for now.  I have more than $500 in my savings account!  I finally got my escrow disbursement over the weekend and put the majority of it in my savings account.  According to my "plan", I hope to be able to save at least another $500 by the end of summer and maybe, just maybe, I'll get new living room furniture in the fall.  Or maybe not.  We shall see! :)

I'm loving...

That by this time next week, I should *hopefully* be able to add my new Nook Color to this list!  I've been considering this and I'm hoping to get mine this weekend!  I'm so excited!

I'm loving...

My latest "Pinterest" inspired project, which I finished Saturday afternoon.  Unfortuntely, I took them to Mom's to show them to her on Sunday evening...which is when the monsoon initially started...and I left them there...and forgot to get them!  Hope she doesn't assume ownership! ;)


Hope you all have a wonder Wednesday! :)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Has your doctor mentioned the B12 nose spray? My husband has to do this now and it is just once a week. It is really expensive though but the manufacturer has a card that you can get it a lot cheaper. And no shots! He was also told that there is some pill that you put under your tongue to absorb.

Anonymous said...

YAY for more energy! So glad you're feeling better.

And congrats on plumping up your savings account! I hope you rub off on me, cause my savings account is in big trouble. :P

Stay dry tomorrow!!