Thursday, June 7, 2012

Catching up...

How bad is it that I couldn't remember the last thing I posted on my blog???  I had to go read it...and realized that I closed it out with "Hope you have a wonder Wednesday"...not wonderFUL...just wonder.

*sigh*

Anyway...I would love to tell you that I've just been so busy that I haven't had time to blog, but that's not quite the truth.  Other than this past weekend, I've really done NOTHING over the past few weeks.  Although, to be fair, I can only blog at work...since my computer currently looks like this:


Our power connector broke (literally)...so it seemed cheaper to just replace the part.  And it is...except that you have to take the entire thing apart to switch it out! I'm hoping to get this resolved quickly!

Anywho...I finally have my flower beds complete and I am loving how they turned out!  All of the hosta in the big flower bed I already had...we just spread it out...and I sent some home with my mom...and I'll probably have to split them again next year!  They are HUGE!





We also have found some sweet baby bunnies in our flower bed that liked to hid under the hosta...but we haven't seen them over the last week or so! I choose to believe they have relocated themselves!  As you can see though, they are very friendly...or just too scared of the big kid trying to pet them!


And...we have a next of baby birds in one of the hanging baskets on my porch!


This pic only shows two of them hatched...but I believe now they all have hatched! It's kind of hard to tell...there's a lot of pink fuzziness in that nest! :)


This past weekend, we had the opportunity to go to the beach.  A few weeks ago I had noticed an opening in my schedule (which is rare during the summer!) and I planned us a short get away!  Plus, Dylan was exempt from his exams...so we didn't have to come home until Monday!

We went to the aquarium in Pine Knoll Shores, which is teeny tiny, but we had fun!


This is a pic as we are going from Emerald Isle back to the "mainland"...the intercoastal waterway...


On Sunday, we went to Hammocks Beach...which is a state park on Bear Island.  It is undeveloped and only accessible by boat or ferry.  It was an ABSOLUTELY gorgeous day and I love that not many people go out to Hammocks Beach!  There were a few other people out there with us, but we had a good bit of space just for us!

All in all, it was a good break...a good getaway...we laughed a lot, got some sun and I read a lot on my new Nook...which I am in love with! :)

Tomorrow, I am going to begin a 30 Day Blog Challenge that my friend Rachel is doing over on her blog.  So...*fingers crossed*...you will be seeing a lot of me here on the blog over the next month!  I know you can not contain your excitement! ;)

Have a great Thursday!

No comments: