I have decided to join in on a 30 Day Blog Challenge that my friend Rachel is doing on her blog! She's a few days ahead of me...but I wasn't able to start when she did! I'm hoping this will get me back in the blogging world! :)
1. My first plane ride ever was from Greensboro NC to Winston-Salem NC. If you know anything about NC at all, it only takes 20-30 minutes to DRIVE from Greensboro to Winston-Salem...and I do believe the flight was about the same time! I did this through Girl Scouts and it was BIG deal back then!
2. I went to California when I was 9. California is the only West Coast state I have ever visited.
3. I have been to the Louisville Slugger bat factory...TWICE. Ironically, it's no longer based in Lousiville, KY...but is actually in Indiana...just over the bridge from Louisville. The best part? They send you home with a miniature wooden Louisville Slugger bat. Of course, that was years ago (I was in high school)...so not sure if they still do that or not.
4. My first friend was a girl named Amy who lived across the street. I was so sad the year that she moved away and always wondered what happened to her. Last year, we had both joined a prayer chain/group on Facebook and she sent me a message! I was so excited to hear from her!
5. I do not like milk. I will drink chocolate milk, but that is all. Regular milk just seems gross to me.
6. I can still remember going to see my sister in the hospital when she was born. I don't remember it exactly, but pieces and parts. That was over 30 years ago!
7. My kindergarten teacher was named Mrs. Nutt and her assistant was Mr. Baldwin.
8. I had to get stitches in my upper lip when I was about three years old. I rolled off the couch into a coffee table & split my lip. I still have a small scar where it happend.
9. I don't remember how old I was, but I cracked the bone around my eye once...from jumping on the bed! It really is dangerous!! For many years, I could feel the crack...but now it appears to have fused itself back together.
10. My first broken bone (other than my eye) was my arm...when I was 31. I tripped over a curb going into a pizza place and landed on my palms. When I did that, I cracked the tip of the bone that allows you to twist your arm (the radius?). Fortunately, this is a quick heal; although I still have some trouble with it from time to time.
11. When I was younger, I had a recurring nightmare that the Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz kidnapped me.
12. I really wanted to learn how to play the violin when I was younger. Just recently, Alyson said that SHE wanted to learn to play the violin! :)
13. If & when Dylan & I ever get a dog, we are naming him/her "Muddy". Muddy was the name of one of Dylan's imaginary friends when he was little...and Muddy was always getting into trouble. Not as much as his best imaginary friend, Chuck...but Muddy was a trouble maker. I even blamed something on Muddy once!
14. I always wanted blue eyes...although I am quite content with my brown ones for now.
15. My favorite book series of all time is Anne of Green Gables. I have read the entire series multiple times.
16. My grandfather was a POW during World War II for 44 days; however, he wasn't "officially" recognized until I was a teenager. He also earned a Purple Heart. His leg was permanenty damaged by shrapnel and he wore a specially made shoe with a lift that the VA provided him.
17. My first car was a Buick Skyhawk...which my sister totalled when she was 16.
18. I have hit at least 3 mailboxes in my driving experience...possibly 4. I just can't remember exactly how many. Mostly I backed into them. I now have a phobia towards backing into mailboxes.
19. I love Scooby Doo.
20. I think Kevin Bacon is ugly.
OK - that was 20 random things...you would not believe how long it took for me to come up with that list! I hope that the next 29 days are a little easier! ;)