Friday, June 29, 2012

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 6

HAHAHAHA!  I know what y'all are thinking...30 Day Blog Challenge? 

It's Ok...we all should've known that a 30 day blogging challenge for me would actually take about 45-60 days. 

BUT, I'm determined not to quit!  So, you will at least get 30 blog posts.

Sorry for the delay...soon after the last post, my work exploded...this week both of my bosses are on vacation...so I've been able to get caught up.  Being busy at work is good...being so busy that I can barely breathe is not good.

Day 6 - What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

I thought this was actually Day 5's topic...and I already had this post written in my head two weeks ago...so here goes.

The day before it had stormed...nothing horrific...just a regular, ordinary summer storm...lightning, thunder, rain.  I woke up the next morning and just marveled about how beautiful the morning was.  The sun was out...the birds were chirping...everything looked clean and bright.

And that's what I feel about the hardest things I've experienced.

I could make a list of them right here...but in my mind, the hardest things that I've experienced have been some of the greatest joys...once the storm passed.  Maybe I'm avoiding the topic, but really and truly I don't want to relive them...in real life or here in this blog.

I want to focus on the beauty after the storm...the warm sunshine...the beautiful song...how everything looked clean and bright.

Focusing and reliving the hardest things in our lives will only continue to bring us sorrow, grief, pain...but when we focus on the morning after the storm, we can find the joy that comes after the sorrow.

I'm always thankful for the sunshine after the storm.

Have a great weekend, my friends!

No comments: