Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday, Once Again! :)

Ahhh...Friday!  It's such a relief to know that another work week is behind me and we are on to the weekend!

Usually, you will see me linking up with Mama M for Five Question Friday...however, it appears that Five Question Friday was pre-empted by her daughter's appendectomy! I mean, can you imagine that she didn't have time to come up with five questions for us to answer??? ;) Please send some prayers up for her daughter...her last update was that she was doing well, beginning to eat and her fever was gone.  So things appear to be on track for her!

So, since I don't have any questions to answer, I'll treat you to my weekend to-do list! I know you are so excited.  These are some things I'd *like* to do this weekend:
  • finish painting my bathroom - this is mostly done; I just lack painting the door frame & a window frame
  • clean my stinking house - last night, it was quite literally stinky
  • dig up the cana from my flower bed...also remove all the white stones that some person thought would look so lovely in the flower bed...but now half of them are gone and what is there is covered in cana & weeds
  • finish reading Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella so the library will get off my back (the book is only three weeks late, I think...could be more)
Seems like there were so many other things that I had on my list of to-do's for the weekend.  Typical...when I commit fingers to keyboard, my mind goes blank.

Anyway, that really doesn't seem like a lot...but out of that list, the only thing I *expect* to get done is the reading.

Because this is what I will be doing this weekend...
  • Dylan is running a 5K tomorrow - he has to be there at 9am
  • Dylan has a soccer game at 1:30pm tomorrow - not sure how that's going to work after running 3.1 miles in the morning...we shall see
  • Dylan's best friend, Seth, turned 16 this week and we are attending his suprise party tomorrow night
  • Church, of course, Sunday morning
  • Dylan has ANOTHER soccer game on Sunday afternoon at 3:30pm
AND, it's supposed to rain.  Tuesday it was sunny & 81...Saturday & Sunday are rainy and in the 50's.  Why doesn't the weather cooperate with our work schedules?  Sunny & 81 is weekend weather...rainy & 50's is weekday weather! :)

Of course, rain may mean that the soccer game is cancelled.

It also may mean that I'm sitting in the cold rain trying to scrunch under my umbrella while watching the game.

*sigh*

Hope your Friday is happy & bright! See you Monday, if not before! :)

3 comments:

Brandi said...

LOL, isn't that how it always is... the kid's social life takes over your weekend. ;)

You are making want to paint! Except, not really. haha! Actually I need to and I would love the end result, but I don't want to do the work.

Rachel said...

Sounds like Texas weather. On Saturday it was sunny and 87 degrees. Yesterday it was cloudy and 49. Good grief!!

Hope you had a good weekend!

:)
Rach

Anonymous said...

Where did the weekend go!?

I am impressed with Dylan running a 5k - that is awesome. Hopefully it wasn't too cold!