Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Three Day Weekend - YAY!

I am so looking forward to the three day weekend...because I just don't pack enough into a normal two day weekend...so I'm looking forward to an extra day!  It looks like Dylan has invited himself been invited to go to the lake this weekend with his friend Seth...so I'll have the house all to myself!  Which always sounds much better on the front side of the long weekend alone...and somewhere in the middle, it gets way too quiet and I miss him!  Of course, on this side...after arguing the other night about whether he should take a shower at night or in the morning...I'm ready for him to be gone! :)  What is it with boys?  Why do they have a natural aversion to bathing?  I keep waiting for the "teen" to kick in where he wants to be clean...oh, well...I'm sure it will happen one day...

Anyway, I have this whole list of stuff that I am GOING to get done this weekend...which means that I will attempt to get it done if I don't find something else more fun to do.  I should have plenty of time since my niece is having her first play date at her house this weekend...keeping my sis busy...and my BFF is going to the beach...without me, might I add...so unless an attack of laziness overtakes me (which is entirely possible)...I should get some stuff done. 

#1 - I must buy a bathing suit this weekend.  This will be the first thing I most likely will avoid since this will be the most painful part of the weekend.  I attempted to buy a bathing suit last week...it was HORRIBLE; however, I looked online at JC Penney...looked under "flatters every body type" and found one that I think will work.  Of course, looking at the picture and looking at myself in the mirror with it on are two different things...but, I must have a bathing suit since we are headed to the beach in less than 4 weeks!!!!

#2 - I must clean out my fridge.  I don't mean throw all the moldy food out...because I do get that done on a regular basis and try to get it before the mold sets in.  But I really, really, really need to take all the shelves out and clean them really well because they really, really, really look gross. 

#3 - I must clean the house.  It's not all that dirty...but so much easier without Dylan "in the way"...which means, laying on his bed or the couch watching TV/playing video games while I clean. 

#4 - I must clean out my car.  The youth at our church did a fabulous job of this a few weeks ago at their car wash...but they didn't clean my dash or the windows on the inside...so I need to take care of that part and I'll probably run a vacuum over the places where we've tracked in dirt over the past couple of weeks.

#5 - I need to find out about Netflix on the Wii.  This is intriguing me!  I love movies and I'm not a very patient person...so, being able to download them directly to my Wii is sounding like a good plan.  Plus I think it'd have to be cheaper than the $3.99 that TWC thinks they should charge for movies on demand...

#6 - I must clean out my bathroom cabinet.  I moved into my house two years ago.  There are things in that cabinet that I never used before I moved...and I'm not sure I've used them since I've moved.  Plus, I don't like having my towels in the sink under the cabinet...so, if I clean out a shelf, I can put them there!

#7 - I must go to the grocery store at some point.  My child informed me that there was "no food" in the cabinets last night...and since he's currently in the process of planning his own Telathon due to his malnourishment, I guess I'll need to go to the store.  Oh, and that was very sarcastic on the telathon...he's 5'8" and weighs 140 pounds at 13 almost 14...yeah...

#8 - I must sleep in on Saturday and Monday!  It's been so long since I've been able to sleep in...I mean, it's not like I have a noisy child waking me up...but it just seems like we've had "early morning" stuff to do the past few weekends and I just really need a sleep in day!  Of course, since I'm planning to sleep in, I'm sure I will wake up bright and early both mornings!  Plus, since I've declared that I only go to the grocery store at 6am (because I hate to go any other time), I'll have to pull an early morning...but maybe I could knock that out before church on Sunday morning...hmmm...good thought to me!

Happy Memorial Day weekend!!!

No comments: