My friend, PBJ Dreamer, does Gratituesday every Tuesday...last week I did Grati-Wednesday...definitely doesn't have the same ring! ;)
So I thought I would join her in finding 10 things to be grateful for today!
10. Last Wednesday was "Administrative Professionals Day". At our office, the only people who seem to be aware of when this day occurs are the Administrative Professionals. We don't expect much recognition...but a little would be nice.
Anyway, one of the outside sales guys DID remember and took us to lunch today...to one of my favorite places - The Loop! :)
Free lunch is always fabulous!
9. Dylan & I are participating in a 24 hour famine to raise money for a mission trip we are going on this summer. Our group is supposed to be doing the famine collectively beginning Thursday evening at 6pm and lasting until 6pm on Friday. However, Dylan is running a 5K on Saturday...so there's no way he could starve himself for 24 hours...eat Friday night...and then get up on Saturday morning and run 3.1 miles. So, we decided he should do his early.
And he did it beginning at 6pm on Sunday night and going through yesterday evening at 6pm.
I'm proud of him for doing it with such a positive attitude.
Which is quite surprising, because this kid likes to EAT!
And he's raised over $150 so far!
Raising money for missions and having a teen with a positive attitude towards anything? Fabulous!
8. My moods and life outlooks are severely affected by the weather. Winter hits me the worst when it's cold and overcast more than it's warm and sunny.
But the past few days have been absolutely beautiful!
We are supposed to cool off for the next few days and will probably get some rain...so I'm thankful for the sunshine we are getting off & on today!
Sunshine = fabulous!
7. This weekend is the Spring Folly in the small town that I somewhat exist in. I have gone to this for the past I don't know how many years. It's not much...but it's just a fun time of hanging out with friends. It just feels so small town...and I love that.
Small town festivals are fabulous!
6. Last night I had to keep Alyson & Ayden (niece & nephew). We played outside for a long time...Dylan played too! :) Even though Ayden isn't feeling 100% these days (cutting teeth + I think he has a cold = a whiney baby), he was fun to play with outside.
Time spent with my niece, nephew & son? Fabulous!
5. I don't know if you know this, but Redbox will text you a code for a free movie on the first Monday of every month. I usually don't use them because I have to go to work on Tuesday...and I'm not sure what possessed me to get a movie last night, knowing I was keeping Alyson & Ayden...but I used it. I rented Life As We Know It with Katharine Heigl and that other guy...so good. Feel good...funny...seriously sweet movie.
Free movie rental...and a good movie gotten? Fabulous!
4. I got my iPhone back in early March, I think. Maybe February...who knows. Anyway, I love this phone...it's so awesome! I've never owned any Apple products...no iPods or anything. So, I'd never had any reason to download iTunes on my home computer.
When I tried, I kept getting an error message...and it was driving. me. crazy.
I googled the error and tried those solutions.
I asked a couple of people I knew.
Until the other day, I found someone who had the same problem and had the same internet filtering software on their computer.
And FINALLY I was able to get iTunes downloaded to my computer!
You have no idea how happy this made me - I don't have to have songs on my phone...I have Pandora radio & KLove has an app for the iPhone...so music wise, I was set.
But, knowing that I couldn't get it to work was driving me crazy!
Successfully downloading & installing iTunes after many, many, many, attempts? Fabulous!!!
3. This weekend is Mother's Day. I don't know what we will do...if I do nothing more than take a nap, that will be fine by me. I'm so grateful for my mother. My parents don't live far away at all and it's nice to know that they are close by. My mom has been retired for almost two years now and she's a great help to me in carting Dylan to & from...especially in the summer when he has soccer workouts during the day. I'm sure that my Dad will be happy to help her with this now that he's retired. But in honor of the holiday, today I'm listing Mom on my Gratituesday list!
Having a great mom? Fabulous!
2. I'm super excited about my gift to her for Mother's Day...but since she sometimes reads my blog, I'm not saying what it is! :)
Having a great gift for a great mom? Fabulous! ;)
1. As I've mentioned before, Dylan & I have started going to a gym. I've actually gone more often than he has...which I figured it'd be more equal because I figured he'd be motivating me!
Each time I go, I feel like I can do a bit more...I can feel myself getting stronger.
I'm so grateful for good health that will enable me to have an even healthier body - physically, mentally & emotionally.
Good workouts? Fabulous!
Hope you are having a fabulous Tuesday wherever you are! :)