Monday, September 13, 2010

Friend Making Monday!

Hello, all!  I'm back...I can honestly say that I'm thankful to be back...because the beds in our rooms were just a step up from a piece of plywood!  Ashley called them granite...but I think you get the picture - they were HORRIBLE! 

And since I'm certifiably insane, I scheduled a Premier Jewelry Party at my house tomorrow night...knowing I wouldn't be home all weekend and would only have tonight to get ready!!!  So...guess what I'll be doing all night???  The blessing in all this is that I cleaned my house (with the exception of mopping) last weekend and Dylan has an away game...and it's far away, so I won't be going and I can go pick up my needed items and get things together! 

But, that means I won't be able to fully blog about my trip until tomorrow or Wednesday...in the meantime, I have made my album on Facebook public for just a few days...if you want to see 97 of my 134 pictures that I took over the weekend, feel free to peruse!  I usually keep my pics for my "friends only"...but I will give you this once in a lifetime opportunity! :)  Click HERE or on "album" above to see the pics!

 On to Friend Makin' Monday...


hosted by Kenlie from All the Weigh.  I have to admit that Kenlie's blog is new to me...so I'm looking forward to getting to know her, as she's taken over Friend Makin' Monday!

Five Little Questions

1) What was the most enjoyable part of your weekend?

How about the WHOLE weekend???  It was a beautiful weekend at the beach...and the whole thing was great.  I mean, how could your weekend not be good when this is your view...


And you have the oppotunity to hang with your BFF all weekend??? 

2) List two or three material possessions that you can't live without:

There's not too many things that I just can't live without...but here are a few things that I like to have with me.  I think of things that are a "must have" when I travel...my teddy bear Joshua...because I can't sleep without him...my Bible...I have a small one that I keep in my purse...and my cell phone. 

3) Which day are you looking forward to most in the coming week?

I'm not sure...this week is turning out to be such a busy week...getting ready for my party tonight...then the party itself tomorrow...Dylan has two home games - Wednesday & Thursday...then Friday night, we have "movie night" for our Children's Ministry...and Saturday morning, I have a workshop to go to.  So...I think just making it to Saturday afternoon will be my goal all week long...

4) Share one of your most embarrassing stories

I'm not really sure what this would be...but I'll tell you about the time that I broke Ashley's bed.  Ashley & I have known each other forever...but didn't really "bond" until our Youth group days.  I was probably about 15, which would've made Ashley 14 or so...and I'd gone to her house to spend the night.  Ashley had (and still has) this beautiful bed that her father MADE for her.  It's nothing fancy...just a four poster bed with a headboard that has an ornate "A" carved into it...but I knew he'd made it for her.  I've always loved this bed...I think more for the sentiment than the bed itself.  Anyway, I also loved the fact that it sat up off the floor...like you really need a stool to get into this bed.  But, in our youthfulness, we never used the stool...we'd just take a running jump and jump up onto the bed.  Well, as I usually did, I took a running start across her bedroom to catapult myself on to the bed...and when I hit the bed, the bed went DOWN.  As in, when I came to my senses, I was looking at the bed frame, but I was on the mattress!  And I immediately began crying...I couldn't believe I had broken the bed that my friend's father had MADE for her.  Of course, her parents came running upstairs to find out what in the world had happened.  I hadn't moved from the mattress and I just kept saying, "I broke your bed...the bed your dad made for you."  Of course, they weren't mad at me...in fact they all began laughing because they could just imagine exactly what had happened!  Evidently, he'd never gotten around to truly securing the bed...I mean it was secure enough for us to sleep on and evidently to hoist ourselves up on to the bed on a regular basis...but I guess it could only take so much!  Now...this is a funny memory that we carry around...and was made even funnier when Ash & I were staying with a friend and SHE broke their bed!  :)

5) List three of your "must-read" blogs and tell us why we should read them too!

I can't name just three...because there are so many!!!

I hope you all have a great Monday!  I look forward to catching back up in the "blog" world! :)

4 comments:

shortmama said...

My friend did exactly the same thing to my bed when we were kids...took a running leap and the bed came crashing down...a waterbed back when they were awesome!

Rachel said...

Glad to have you back!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Thanks for making the pictures viewable (isn't Facebook great!) It looks like y'all had so much fun! Maybe for your next vacation you can visit Texas. I'm just saying... ;)

Have fun at your jewelry party. I work with a lady that sells it. I've had about 4 parties myself. I love their jewelry!

:)
Rach

Katie Lane said...

Stoping by from FMM. It's nice to meet you. Love the broken bed story - so funny!

Ches said...

That broken bed story is too funny. Glad that you had a great weekend.