Saturday, September 4, 2010

A question about followers...

I think something's wrong with my blog...I have people tell me that they are new followers, but they don't seem to be showing up in my followers section.  At first I didn't really notice because I was just so busy that I didn't get time to look at their blogs...and kind of forgot about it.  But, then, it seems to have happened again today.  If it were once or twice over the past few days, I'd probably chalk it up to people saying they are following...but just trying to get me to visit their blog.  Has anyone else had this problem???  Just wondering...

3 comments:

Cortney said...

Sometimes people sign up to follow me, but I don't see them for a few days...I think it has something to do with blogger. Also, I think sometimes people write a comment and say "I'm a follower" with the intention of clicking "follow" after they post their comment and then they just forget...I have done this before, but I always go back later and fix it.

Your not doing to bad though...73 followers is pretty darn good really.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, maybe they're following your blog through another means besides Google Friend Connect? I know there are several ways to follow blogs, though that's the extent of my knowledge, haha.

Tree said...

Yep...I wondered the same thing for a long time. I think Jen is right...sometimes they follow through your feed instead, or they may just add the comment first and then forget to actually follow. LOL

And if you go to the More link on your followers...all the way to the beginning, you'll see some "blank" profile faces. If someone follows you and they choose to NOT follow publicly, they will get added there. Although I don't really get why someone would follow you, but not publicly...that's just weird to me. tee hee