Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I am officially done! :)

Well, I DID get all my baking done.  I can hardly believe it.  And so far, everything has been declared as good by my co-workers! :)  Since Saturday, I have made 3 dozen snickerdoodles, 4 dozen oatmeal raisin cookies, one loaf of banana bread, one dozen blueberry muffins and I just pulled the pound cake out of the oven!  That's five entries...shew! :)

So over the past four days I've used...

10 1/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons baking powder, plus 2 teaspoons
6 1/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
1 stick butter
5 sticks margarine
1/4 cup Crisco
11 eggs
1 3/4 cup milk, plus 5 tablespoons
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/8 + 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup oil
2 bananas

I don't know about you...but that's a lot of flour, sugar & eggs!!!

If you missed my cookies, you can click here.

These are my blueberry muffins...


Yes...you will notice that one is missing! :)  I had to test them!  I'm not real happy with how they turned out...they aren't pretty and that is part of the judging criteria.  I'm still turning them in.  I only have to send 4 so I'll pick the best 4!

As far as my pound cake...I'm a little bummed at the moment...I was so careful, but the entire inside stuck to the tube.  Egads!  I only have to send 1/2...but the whole thing stuck.  Hmmm...arrrrggghhh!  Of course, I don't have time to try again!


Oh, well...we shall see! :)

And what will I get for my efforts? 

For muffins & banana bread - $10 for 1st place, $8 for 2nd, $6 for 3rd

Pound cake - $14 for 1st place, $12 for 2nd, $10 for 3rd

Cookes - $10 for 1st place, $8 for 2nd, $6 for 3rd

And if you get "Best in Show", you get an additional $10!

Well...I'm off.  I have to get up super early to finish packaging my entries.  We will see on Friday if I won anything! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, everything looks delish! Good luck!

Brandi said...

The blueberry muffins look pretty good to me! Good luck!

An Imperfect Momma said...

Wow...that really looks delicious!

Rachel said...

Seriously, if I lived closer, I so would have come over!

:)
Rachel

shortmama said...

Good luck girl!