Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ants

Can I just say that I hate ants?  Ok, not really...I don't mind them when they are outside.  Where they are supposed to be.  Not bothering me. 

But really & truly, MUST they come into my kitchen?

At first, I thought I just needed to give the kitchen a good cleaning.  Get rid of all the crumbs that Dylan creates and leaves lying around.  So I moved everything off the counters.  I wiped everything down.  Moved my sugar bowl to the refrigerator.

For a few days, nothing!  I rejoiced!  I thought they were gone!

Then a few days later, they were back.  And we seem to be continuing this cycle. 

I'm trying to be patient...telling myself that soon it will be cold and they will go wherever ants tend to go during the winter. 

And if I could pinpoint where they were coming in at or what they were after, I could take care of the issue.  But these ants just appear from thin air on my countertop, headed towards nothing in particular.  And I'm not overrun with ants...just a few here & there.  I'm almost out of 409, which incidently, if you weren't aware, kills them instantly. 

ARRRGGGHHH!!!

3 comments:

Shell said...

We have the same problem here!

Michelle Pixie said...

Soapy water kills them too! I also hate ants...once we had a line of them in my kitchen and I took my hubby's caulk while he was at work and caulked every single seem inside my cupboards so those little creatures would stay gone. It worked!

Brandi said...

I HATE. ANTS. In the summer they find their way into our house. Never fails. I can't stand the random ant on the kitchen counter. It really grosses me out. Hubby got some of those little ant traps and I put one discretely on the kitchen windowsill this summer and it helped a lot.