Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday! :)

Well, Friday is here and I really have so much to do right now...but I don't want to do it!  I need to clean house because we are leaving this afternoon to go to DC!  I don't know how much of DC I'll actually get to see - I'm chaperoning our Youth trip to a conference in DC...so, I don't know that we will get to the city.  We went to a similar conference in 2008 and we took time on the Sunday to site see.  But, it's looking like we are planning to be back early on Sunday...so I don't know that we will do the site seeing again.  We shall see...

Anyway, I need to get moving...but sitting on the couch, surfing the net is so much more appeal.

*sigh*

I guess I'll get up and be responsible...

But not until I finish my Five Question Friday post!!! :)

If you'd like to play along, you can visit Mama M, copy the questions & link up!





1. Would you rather be on ABC's Extreme Home MakeOver or TLC's What not to Wear?

This is quite a quandary for me.  I *hope* I don't need to be on What Not to Wear...but I'd love for someone to give me $5,000.00 and some tips to use clothing to my benefit.  On the other hand, if someone could take my little house and make it amazing...that'd be cool too.  Although, I guess I could actually be ON Extreme Home MakeOver and not be having MY house re-done...the show actually filmed close to us a couple of years ago and they will sign up volunteers to work on the project throughout the week.  I actually had a friend who was a worker!  I think I could definitely do that. :)

2. Do you have any tattoos?

Not yet...but there are 2 that I want.  The first is a daisy on my toe.  Growing up, every summer we went to camp and we would sing the song "Daisy on my toe".  Can I be honest & tell you I didn't realize until much later (like maybe when I was an adult) that this song was about a tattoo??  Can I also tell you that I learned this song at a church camp?  That cracks me up.  Anyway, my BFF & I want to get this tattoo "on the second toe of my left foot"...and it will "have no stem" it will "have no root...'cause that wouldn't look good".  However, I'm a little leary of the tattoo on my toe because I'm afraid it will really hurt.  Because that's what people have told me.  And I'm a little squeamish of needles...and my BFF is even MORE squeamish than I am.  We've been talking about this about 2 years or more...so maybe it will happen this summer.

But probably not... :)

The other I want is in the shape of a charm I have for a necklace...it's a heart, with the sign of the fish inside and a cross.  I just don't know where I'd put this one...

This is a VERY rough drawing of what I want.



3. Do you tell your kids about things you did growing up?

All.the.time.  Ad nauseum. Just last night I gave him a story about a youth trip we went on where a guy decided to stay out all night the last night we were at camp.  Part of his "punishment" was that he could not go to sleep on the way home (a 6 hr drive) and he was told that if he started falling asleep then they would stop the van and make him walk around the van until he was awake enough for the next stretch.

Of course, this was in response to Dylan staying up after bed time on Wednesday night.

Boy do I know how to beat a dead horse...if I asked Dylan if he was overly tired yesterday once, I asked him a hundred times.

Fun times! :)

4. If the traffic signal turns yellow, do you stop or speed up?

Depends on how close I am.  If I think I can make the light, I speed up.

5. What's your preference: chocolate or chips?

Chips...but I only like "flavored" chips, unless I have dip...then I can eat plain chips!

Alrighty...I'm off to clean the house and then to DC!  Have a great weekend...see you Sunday afternoon! :)

4 comments:

PBJdreamer said...

Have a great time in DC!

Don't run any more yellow lights or I will be forced to punish you somehow HA!

that is all

Rachel said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

:)
Rach

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and fun trip! That's a cool tat.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great trip!

I'd love $5k for a better wardrobe too!

#5 just made me hungry for chocolate chips.