If you had asked me on Friday or Saturday if I'd make it to work today, I would've said no way...no how. Normally my sicknesses last 1 to 2 days. I'm in bed for a day...and by the next day I might not feel 100% but I feel well enough to go back to work. But this thing knocked me out of the world for 4 days. Yesterday was the first day that I felt somewhat human...
Thanks for all the well-wishes. I'm thankful to be back in the world today! :)
Now...my thoughts on the Superbowl. As I have explained, I am not a huge sports fan...at all. I do tend to get wrapped into the major events, like the Superbowl & World Series. I don't do basketball at all...mostly because Dylan doesn't. Basically my sports interests follow whatever my son decides is his interest! :)
With that being said, I do not wish to argue or discuss sports strategy, etc. These are just my thoughts on what I
Also, Dylan was pulling for the Steelers...he was disappointed...
- I liked Lea Michele's rendition of God Bless America...it wasn't too over the top. I was really surprised to find out that the Glee cast actually sing their own stuff...I'm a newer Glee watcher. I wouldn't go with "fan" just yet...the musical numbers interest me. The story line, or lack thereof, does not.
- Christina Aguilera - mad props to her for singing The Star Spangled Banner acapella. And I appreciate that she didn't over try the higher parts. I realize she messed up the words...and I can forgive her for that because I have a feeling nerves played into that heavily. I'm not a Aguilera fan, at all...but I can appreciate her effort with the National Anthem.
- For a while, I wondered if the Steelers were ever going to show up...they appeared to be missing from the game.
- The person in charge of sound for The Black Eyed Peas really should be fired. That was horrible. I understand that the first guy needed to be loud when he was by himself...but when the rest of the group was singing, it would be better if he blended a bit more. Same goes with Fergie. Quite honestly, I don't know if her mic kept cutting out...or if it was just where she moved around so much...but it sounded like she didn't really know the words and that she was just singing the ones she knew.
- I really hated Fergie singing Sweet Child of Mine.
- What was Usher's purpose in being there?
- Is it just me, or do The Black Eyed Peas not have enough of their own music to be able to carry the entire five minute half time show without having to sing everyone else's music? Seemed odd to me...
- The field show was pretty cool, I must admit.
- It appeared to me that the Steelers played a good bit of the game in "desperation" mode...
- Seems like I remember a time when the Superbowl commercials were the best of the year...there were some good ones, but I wouldn't say they were incredible. And another thing, it used to be that the commercials were not unvieled until the Superbowl...I actually saw repeat commercials last night. So sad...
- Glee was pretty good...loved the Thriller half time show. I'd love to see that re-created on a high school football field near me! :)
Hope you enjoyed your Superbowl experience. I, for one, got a good deal done on my jigsaw puzzle.
Yes...somewhere in my 34 year old person is a 75 year old woman who loves a good jigsaw puzzle. Don't judge.