Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Grati-Tuesday

Today, I'm joining my friend Amy Lynn over at PBJ Dreamer in celebrating Grati-Tuesday! :) So...today, these are the 10 things I'm grateful for:

#1 - Summer is finally here.  It's a little warm for my particular liking, but I prefer heat over cold.  Truth be told, I do not like extreme cold or extreme heat - mild is wear I want to be.  But, if I have to chose, I'll take the heat!

#2 - There are only three days of school left!  Wahoo!  I don't know why this makes me happy - I don't have to stay behind a kid to do his homework or projects or to keep his grades up.  I got lucky and have one of those self-motivator kids...well, when it comes to school work...sometimes.  But there's still a sense of freedom that comes with the last days of school...even if I still have to get up out of the bed every morning for work!

#3 - Sundresses & flip flops...need I say more?

#4 - Netflix - I had no idea what I was missing!  I had been resisting the Netflix craze...but now that I have it, I just. can't. cancel. it!!!!  Dylan & I are making our way through Psych and loving it!  I have several movies in my "instant que" that I can't wait to watch.  Funny Farm & The Money Pit - CLASSIC!

#5 - I have three & a half months left on my car loan.  I will be even MORE grateful when I can put on this list that I have no more car payment! :)  But, for now, I'm just thankful that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

#6 - Casting Crowns - I've been jamming out to their album today - "Until the Whole World Hears".  Love it!

#7 - Books...books...and more books...I am currently reading Miss Julia Rocks the Cradle by Ann B. Ross.  And I have about 4 more in a stack by my bed waiting to be read.  I tend to go reading crazy during the summer!

#8 - We have new curriculum for our Children's Worship at church...I absolutely love it...I love the lesson...the way they present it...the music that goes with it.  The whole package is awesome!

#9 - Tonight I'm going to a graduation party for my "favorite twins"...I'm grateful that they are a part of my life...I am sad that they will be leaving in August to go to college...but I KNOW God has great plans for their lives.  They are so special to me! :)



#10 - Chewing gum - I go through A LOT of chewing gum! :)

Happy Tuesday!  Hope it's a good one for you!

1 comment:

Voe said...

I have to admit, I am a little jealous. I live in England, we had two weeks of sunshine and now it's back to dull, grey cloud. I think our summer has been and gone in those two weeks!!

Great blog.

All the best,
Voe.
_______________________________
http://pearlwhisk.blogspot.com