Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gratituesday! :)

I'm really trying to get back into this blogging thing...

VBS is over...

But work was C-R-A-Z-Y yesterday.

And I thought about writing last night, but then I just sat on my couch and played Sudoku & Scrabble on my phone.

I'm such a slacker!

Anyway, I'm hoping a little Gratituesday will help me get back in the swing of things...so, here goes!  Ten things I'm grateful for today...

#1 - Vacation Bible School is OVER! I love the concept of VBS...I don't mind participating in it...but this year, I just didn't feel like I had the time to put into it...and I hate not being able to put my best foot forward.  Plus it was such a long week.  But now it's over until next year...

Except that really it's not...because we get to do this all over again at the end of July when we go to Florida on our mission trip.

BUT, I won't have to teach it...I'm just there for crowd control! :)

#2 - Right at this moment, I'm loving this Jumping Jelly Bean scent I have in my Scentsy warmer at work. YUM!

#3 - Last week, I took my car in to the shop because it keeps throwing these strange warning lights.  Sometimes they come on...sometimes they don't.  Bad news is, the part that *might* need to be fixed is $1600.00 - just for the part.  Good news is, the mechanic says it's not a necessary fix right now since we don't know for sure that it's even bad!

Best news - he didn't charge me a DIME for checking it out.

#4 - I teach in our Children's Worship at church...my helper has had to go be with her parents for the month of July...which leaves me without a helper.  I have some subs lined up - hopefully.  I've been stressing about this...and then on Friday night I was talking to my friend Deanna (who is on the other Children's Worship team) and found out that she's been going to school to get her CNA license.  I had no idea (she wasn't telling a lot of people for some reason) and since then I've just been so grateful for her dedication to this ministry.  She very easily could've said that she has a lot going on and she might need to take some time, but she didn't.  And I would've understood that, because she also is a hair dresser...is married...and has two step-sons that she & her husband have joint custody of with their mom & step-dad.  But she didn't.  And she probably doesn't even realize how grateful I am for all of this.

But I'm gonna let her know! :)

#5 - I think my flower beds are pretty much finished.  I couldn't be happier with the way they've turned out and the way they look.  I am so proud of the way my house looks on the outside now!

#6 - This weekend is the annual God & Country celebration in a town close by.  I usually go with my BFF & her hubby.  A couple of years ago, we didn't really have much going on and after the parade we drove around a bit and ended up in Mt. Airy.  We had so much fun...just walking around...laughing...just having a day out of town.  We've decided to do that again this year...but this year, we are heading for Boone after the parade.  I'm ecstatic!  Boone is kind of my other home and I haven't been in over a year.  I need to just spend a day soaking up the mountain air & sunshine. 

Plus I got a gift card to the Mast General Store...I hear the candy store calling my name! ;)

#7 - This is Dylan's birthday week!  He will be FIFTEEN on Friday.  FIFTEEN!  When in the world did that happen?  I'm so thankful for a relatively good child.  He has his moments, as most kids do, but the issues we deal with are so minimal compared to what it could be.

#8 - We finally got some much needed rain last night!  I've been water my plants...and they've been doing ok.  We had some storms roll through around 9ish last night...nothing too severe in my neck of the woods...but I know we got a good dousing.  Of course, with our mid-90's today, most of that is probably dried up by now!

#9 - Last week during VBS, my cousin's little girl was in my class.  We were talking about sacrifice and I asked the kids ways that they could show God's love by sacrificing something of theirs.  Destiny raised her hand and told me that she had been selling some of her artwork to her family and donating the money to her church for charity.  It was probably the sweetest thing...and when I told her Mom about it, her Mom said that she never even asked to keep any of it...she gave it willingly and freely.  I'm so thankful to see young children with such giving hearts.

#10 - Next Monday is the 4th of July.  I'm thankful for an extra day off this weekend...but more importantly, I'm thankful for the independence that we have in this country.  I'm thankful for the men and women who made that independence a reality...and who KEEP our country free.  Regardless of how you feel about the economy, our president, wars, etc., you should ALWAYS be thankful for the people who put their lives on the line to keep our country safe - including our local police, firemen & emergency services people.

Hope you have a great Tuesday! :)

1 comment:

PBJdreamer said...

Great List!

I loved number ten the most!!

It is a wonderful thing to have a grateful heart isn't it?


that is all