Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Seeing double

No...I've not had a head injury or major illness that is causing me vision problems.  I just seem to have an inordinate amount of twins running through my life...seriously, I was thinking about it today and I know 9 sets of twins!  Here's the rundown...

My dad's aunt (my grandfather's sister) was a twin...sadly, since they were born about 90 years ago, one twin did not live long after birth. 

She had twin boys...

Dylan has twin half brothers who will be turning 4 in September...

Then there are the twins in our church..

C&C - 2 yr old boy/girl twins
J&J - twin boys turning 4 yrs old in December
H&P - girl twins that just turned 9 in July
 - and they bring their friends K&D who are also girl twins...also 9

not to mention the family that just started visiting our church who have twin boys that are right around a month old

and my favorite 17 year old twins...

Karlee & Kaytee


Karlee, me, Kaytee

This is a picture of us right before their baptism...well, their second baptism by choice.  They both felt like they had "followed along" when making their original professions of faith and felt like they had truly made that decision in later years and should be baptized again.

Anyway, Kaytee & Karlee are mirror twins - Kaytee is left handed...Karlee is right handed.  They are the funniest things.  Since they are identical, they are almost more in tune than the other fraternal twins I know.  Trust me...try to have a conversation with both of them...they finish each other sentences! 

With all the sameness, though, they are two very different people.  They are both competitive...they play volleyball, but their big sport is softball.   Karlee, however, has the greater competitive edge.  She's more serious, while Kaytee is giggly and silly.  Karlee is the "responsible" twin...Kaytee is the social girl.  But, they both have big hearts and are sweet as can be. 

I just love them to pieces...even when Karlee does this to Dylan...





Can you say cupcake eating contest...and Dylan won...so Karlee had to get him back! I told you she was competitve! :)

6 comments:

BigSis said...

Twins are fun - we have a couple sets in our family. I can imagine that parenting them could be challenging though...

shortmama said...

We have so many sets of twins on my dads side of the family that I thought for sure I was going to end up having twins too!

Rachel said...

I've had a few friends who are twins. It's funny, when I was little. I ALWAYS wanted to be a twin. I thought it would be so cool to be so "connected" to a sibling like that. I LOVE the picture of Dylan. Too cute!!

:)
Rachel

Tiffany said...

I always wanted to be a twin and wished I would have twins. But no such luck in that department.

Sandra said...

Isn't it funny that we always hear how much work twins are, yet we are secretely want them!

Salt said...

Twins have always been really interesting to me. Personally, I'm glad they don't run in my family, but I still think it's cool. :) The girls are so pretty!