Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Warning...this post may digress into complete randomness...

You've had your fair warning...now to my post.

First of all, I don't know why...but I'm so tired tonight.  You would think after all the fun & relaxation of my past weekend, I'd be completely rejuvenated for the week ahead.  So not the case.  I guess it's the combo of having to catch up all my laundry on Sunday night...plus Dylan had a game last night, which equals late dinner...add in two laptops with issues at work...multiplied by annoying employees...yeah, I'm so ready for my long weekend!  Unfortunately, I think that Earl may be paying NC a visit...which means that it will be nice & rainy all weekend long.  Which means that my car won't get washed...boo!

Anyway, with all these random thoughts floating around my head, it got me to thinking about my favorite TV show - Gilmore Girls.  I know...it's off the air...seriously I was sad...although I thought the ending was good and I'm not one of the hundreds of stupid people who are part of these Facebook groups that are demanding a reunion or movie or another season.  I may or may not be a part of a Gilmore Girls Facebook group...and I may or may not have been on the group page today at work, furiously rolling my eyes at all the idiots who are trying to petition the show be back on the air.  I mean, come on people...Lauren Graham has a new show (which I can't wait for Season 2 to begin!).  At any rate, someone had posted this quote from an episode...

LORELAI: Because my brain is a wild jungle full of scary gibberish. "I'm writing a letter. I can't write a letter. "Why can't I write a letter? I'm wearing a green dress. "I wish I was wearing my blue dress. "My blue dress is at the cleaners. "'The Germans wore gray. You wore blue. ''Casablanca'. "'Casablanca' is such a good movie. "'Casablanca.' The white house. Bush. "Why don't I drive a hybrid car? I should drive a hybrid car. "I should really take my bicycle to work. "Bicycle. Unicycle. Unitard. Hockey puck. Rattlesnake. Monkey, monkey, underpants."


RORY: "Hockey puck, rattlesnake, monkey, monkey, underpants"?


LORELAI: Exactly, that's what I'm saying. It's a big bag of weird in there.

This is truly my brain right now...a big bag of weird.  Because I was thinking about this...and thinking about how much I always loved Lorelai's character.  I think her main purpose in life was to bring a lot of fun into life.  I mean, she could be serious...but more often not, she was thinking or saying or doing something kind of off the wall. 

And I think I like that about her because I like to think I'm the same way.  Quick wittedness with a dash of sarcasm and a great sense of humor...that's me.

And THIS thought led to my thinking about how I like to "re-name" places.  For instance, we used to have a K-Mart in Kernersville.  It was seriously the first store of it's kind in Kernersville...well before Target (well, because they tore down the K-Mart building to build the Target) and Wal-Mart, we knew we'd hit it big when they built a K-Mart.  And as the K-Mart got some age, it got dirtier...and gained the name "The Dirty K".  There's also a K-Mart in Winston-Salem that I call the "Ghetto Mart"...because it's kind of run down and not in a very good part of town.  We used to have a Mexican restaurant in Kernersville called El Palenque that I called "The Stinky Palenkey"...in this case, this was not a slam...because I LOVED El Palenque!

But my favorite re-naming of all, I can't even claim.  I stole it from Policeman Dan.  There's a movie theater in Kernersville...it was the first movie theater in Kernersville...well, and remains the ONLY theater in Kernersville...at first it was so nice.  And convenient...and not horrible.  I'm not sure what happened...probably the newer, nicer theaters opened in surrounding Winston-Salem & Greensboro...you know, the ones with nice big comfy seats...stadium seating at that...and no one came to the Kernersville theater.  Someone bought it and turned it into a discount theater...it only costs $3 to get in.  Seriously.  And they usually have pretty new movies there...not like the other discount theaters where they show movies that are about to be released to DVD. 

But...as is the case with most things in life...you get what you pay for.  Which means that it's not the nicest theater...not the cleanest...and the person taking your tickets or one of the snack bar attendees is the person who also has to start the movie...which means that they NEVER start on time.  And so the Kernersville theater has gained the name..."The Sticky Floor".  I cannot tell you what the true name of the theater is...because...I don't actually know it anymore.  All of my friends know what I'm talking about when I say "The Sticky Floor"! 

And let me just say...when Dylan was younger, I was fine going to "The Sticky Floor"...because for $10 we could both get into the movie and share a popcorn and a drink!  It was great.  Now that he's bigger it costs a bit more because he has to have his own drink and a bigger popcorn (little oinker!)...but, its still cheaper than any of the other theaters around.

But, quite honestly, the last time I went to that theater...which has been a while...I really felt like I needed to bathe in Clorox when I left...it kind of gave me the heeby jeebies.

And one last little bit of randomness...do you know what I'm loving these days???  This CD (yes, I bought a CD...they still sell them at Target...did you know??):


Natalie Grant is one of my favorite artists!  She has an amazing voice...and testimony.  She's awesome!  Her new CD came out last Tuesday...I finally got my copy on Saturday and I've been rocking out to this CD since then.  I LOVE it! :)

Ok...I think that's enough randomness for one day.

Later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind a little rain, but I'm hoping Earl takes it easy on us!!

Hope you get some rest!!