Tuesday, October 12, 2010

C25K - Week Two, Day 1

OK - so I didn't actually DO the Week 2, day 1 run...I'm still working through Week 1! :)  But I had another successful run.  I actually ran the last interval with my sis & Dylan and I've decided I run much better with someone.  So, I told Dylan I wanted him to run my intervals with me on Thursday.  And he said...OK! :)  I'm not sure what makes me happier...feeling good about my progress or the fact the Dylan said he'd run my intervals with me!  I mean, he can knock out 3 miles while I'm struggling through my intervals...but I appreciate his support in this!  He probably doesn't even realize what he's doing.  Well, and he will be running after soccer practice...so he probably doesn't mind too much! 

Oh...and he's running his first 5K this weekend!  I'm so excited for him!  I know he will do well...and we are signing up for the 5K in November.  My goal for the November 5K is to be able to run the 1st mile, at least.  More than that will be icing on the cake for me!

Hope y'all are having a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Awesome! I couldn't run out to my mailbox without needing oxygen, so I am impressed! That is sweet that Dylan runs with you. My dad was in the military, so he had to stay in shape to run PT. He ran in the evenings and I ran with him. :)

Cortney said...

Good luck with the 5K in November. Everything seems easier when you have someone to do it with, your so lucky that you have such a cool son that supports you even if he doesn't know it.