Thursday, October 7, 2010

Enquiring Minds! :)

Today is Thursday...can I get an AMEN???  I am loving this fall like weather...except that it appears the cold makes Dylan grumpy.  This is a conversation we had last night when I picked him up after his soccer game:

Dylan: By the way, our heat was down to 66 degrees this morning.

Me: And, what's your point?

Dylan: It's cold.  What's wrong with our heat?
(this is a legit question, since our heat went out last year...for a week...during the coldest week of the winter)

Me: There's nothing wrong with our heat...I haven't turned it ON.

Dylan: Well, we need to.

Me: Why?

Dylan: Because it's cold and I don't like being cold.

Please rest assured...the child is not going to be a frozen popsicle any time soon.  He sleeps with a quilt on...and has another he could pile on if he weren't too lazy to go get it and put it on his bed!  I hate turning the heat on too early.  In NC our weather tends to yo-yo.  Two weeks ago tonight, Dylan had a soccer game that was delayed due to heat.  It was above 90 that day.  Last week, it was still in the 80's - I think.  This week, our temps have been in the 70's.  However, over the weekend, we will be back in the 80's.  See what I'm talking about???




Anywho...it's time for Enquiring Minds Want to Know...hosted by Dollycas!  If you'd like to participate, head on over & link up! :)

1. Have you started you Christmas shopping already?

No...I'm a purist when it comes to Christmas shopping...this can not begin until the Friday after Thanksgiving.  In all honestly, I wish I were a pre-Christmas shopper, but I just can't imagine buying something and holding onto it for months before the big day!!!

2. Doctors are recommending that everyone get a flu shot this year, will you be getting one?

Probably not.  I may have Dylan get one, but I'm not sure.  The only year I've gotten a flu shot was the year that I was student teaching.  I did it that year because the year prior I had been VERY sick...and ended up having to have my tonsils taken out.  I didn't want to take any chances during my student teaching!

3. If you could have lunch with any Reality Show Celebrity who would it be?
 
I'm not really sure.  I don't really watch many Reality Shows...and the ones I do watch, I mainly watch because they are train wrecks!  So...I can't say.
 
Hope you are having a fabulous Thursday!  I'll see you tomorrow for 5 Question Friday & Feel Good Friday! :)

3 comments:

shortmama said...

Ive bought a couple things for Christmas so far but I have to figure out what my girls want soon!

Brandi said...

Brrrr... I don't like being cold either. My brother lives in NC! My parents use to live 5 minutes down the street from me, but they recently moved (long story) and now live in NC. They were here visiting earlier this week and my mom was telling me how cold it was there! She said I had to buy jeans!!! haha! I told her just wait till it snows!

dollycas aka Lori said...

I am going to try to do most of my shopping online this year.

Thanks for playing along, sorry I am late visiting you, if you see my FGF post you'll see this has been quite a week.

c-u next week!!

Dollycas