Friday, October 1, 2010

Five Question Friday...and Feel Good Friday

First things first...it's time for Five Question Friday with Mama M.





1. Did you have a pen pal when you were little (or now)? Where were/are they from?

I don't ever remember having a pen pal at any point in my life.  When I was in high school, I kept in touch with a couple foreign exchange students, but basically they sent me postcards from their fabulous countries and I sent them dinky notes from the US.

2. If you could do a different job for one day, what would it be?

Well, I think I make it no secret that my dream job is to just be a mom and nothing more...but quite honestly I have a few other things that I'd love to do at some point in my life...they would include being an event coordinator and owning a wedding boutique.  There's another "job" that I may possibly have made up, but it would be to work with hospitalized children to help them understand their illness on a kid level.  I have a feeling that I would have a VERY hard time in this job though...#1 - I have a low tolerance for people who harm children.  #2 - I have a deep love for almost all children (there are very few that I just can't tolerate), which would make it hard for me to deal with sick kids on a day to day basis.  #3 - I don't deal well with blood, stitches, needles or throw up.  #4 - I'm not really sure this is a real job...but it seems like someone I know went to school for this.  Maybe I dreamed it up...who knows...

3. Do you remember your biggest fear from when you were little?

I have ALWAYS been afraid of the dark...even now.  But I think a bigger fear was being kidnapped.  I don't know why this scared me.  I don't know anyone who was kidnapped.  I don't think I was ever in danger of being kidnapped.  But I do remember have recurring dreams where I was kidnapped - sometimes it was the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz...sometimes it was just random, scary people.

4. What do you think is a waste of time? Why?

If I wanted to be deep & philosophical, I would say worrying & being anxious.  Because it's true...even though it's just plain human nature.  I just think that God's plans are bigger than our worries & anxiousness, but we forget that because we can't SEE the plan unfolding...so we don't think He has His hands on the situation...

But if I just wanted to be silly, I'd say waiting in line at Wal-Mart.  When they first opened our Wal-Mart in Kville, they had self service lanes.  I will say that the vast majority of people using them had no business doing so.  They never knew where the bar codes were and they'd use the self service lanes for their $200 grocery trip!  But, since they've refurbished the Wal-Mart...no more self service lanes...I hate it.

5. What is the oldest item you have in your closet?
 
Probably this shirt my sister bought a long time ago at Abercrombie & Fitch...she was in high school when she bought it.  I love it (even though it doesn't really fit right now).  There's nothing special about it...just a button down shirt...but it's one of my favorites.
 
BTW - my sister graduated high school in 1998...just so you know how old this shirt is...
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 
Aaahhhh...it's finally Friday!  And I do feel good today because it's fair time!!!  YAY!  The Dixie Classic Fair is just about the biggest thing to hit Winston-Salem and truly is the 2nd largest fair in North Carolina (only the State Fair is bigger).  I am so headed there after work today...originally I was going to take today off and go with Ash & Zac during the day, but I kind of forgot and used up all my vacay days...and I can't afford to take a day without pay right now, unless I simply have to...so, I'll be going with them this evening!  I read the other day that this is the 128th fair.  And the fair began as an agricultural fair...and pretty much has stayed that way.  They will have cows and sheep and pigs and chickens...all kinds of produce that people have entered...crafts...and of course, the baked goods...in which I had 5 entries!  So, I find out tonight if I won anything! :)

And that's what my Feel Good Friday was going to be all about...but then I got this text from Kaytee...one of my favorite twins...

"heyy just wanted to let you know your beautiful in every way! I love you! and can't wait to see you again! Miss ya"

I'm sorry...aren't I, the 34 yr old, supposed to be mentoring her, the 17 yr old????  Almost always, though, it seems to be the other way around with those two...

What she doesn't know is that it's been a rough week...I've thrown myself a royal pity party all week.  I try really hard to keep things in perspective, but sometimes I just get lonely and I just want to have someone around that will be my support.  Don't get me wrong...I have friends who love me, a family who loves me and a God who loves me way more than I can even imagine...but, sometimes it would be nice to come home to someone that is all mine...and I know this is all stuff y'all have heard before.  So, I won't be beating that dead horse today! :)

But this text just made my day...and made me smile...and I'll be carrying that around with me today to keep me smiling.

And THIS is why I truly Feel Good today!

Have a great Friday and a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what to comment on first!

I love the Fair so have a great time and I SO SO hope you win something! Or maybe you will meet someone ;-)

Or thee is always Match.com! That is how I met Tyler!!

Have a super weekend!

dollycas aka Lori said...

Enjoy the fair, everything else will fall into place at the proper time.

(((hugs)))

Dollycas

Marianne said...

I see someone suggested Match.com. This site is good in theory and is probably better for people 30+ because they are past the wam, bam, thank you ma'am's and looking for a real relationship. But I had a horrible experience with it. However, I tell everyone to give it a try because you really do never know!

And you have a shirt that 12 years old. That's hilarious. I clean my closet out every 6 mos. Oldest thing I have is probably 5. If that.

RN Mama said...

Guess what? The job you were talking about is not made up, it's for real! When my daughter had several procedures and surgery two years ago, there was someone who came to our room and talked to us first, who showed her everything that would happen on a little baby doll. Unfortunately, it didn't help, but nevertheless, it's the thought that counts!

P.S. I met my husband online!!

Anonymous said...

I think you'd be great working with little kiddos!

I hope the fair went well this weekend!!