Until this year, I've never heard of "Blue Monday"...but evidently today is that day. The saddest day of the year. I've always disliked January in general...I truly believe it's because December is SUCH a big month with so much crammed into it...fun stuff, family stuff, friend stuff, church stuff...that when you come off the "Christmas High", you fall into January. In NC the grass is brown, there are no leaves on the trees, there is often cold, cold rain...and if not cold rain, then snow...which is OK, except when it's accompanied by it's friend ICE. Or when ICE comes alone. It seems there are more cloudy days than sunny days and, of course, I have no money...whatsoever. It's an "Eeyore" of a month.
See...Blue Monday, huh?
Of course, it didn't help that I woke up at 3:30am with my eyes matted shut.
'Cause...yep, you guessed it! My friend Pink Eye has returned. My own fault this time...I'd rather not go into it other than to say - I've learned my lesson.
The nightmare that I had sometime between 3:30 & 6:00am didn't help either.
So, yeah...I'm buying this Blue Monday stuff.
I'm trying to focus on the silver linings of the day:
- that the doctor's office didn't make me come in to be seen for the recurring pink eye...the first nurse I spoke to said I most likely would...which of course, made me so overjoyed knowing that we are knee deep into flu season
- that the meds the doctor called in are NOT the $60 prescription that they called in the last time...these are $10 *sigh of relief*
- that when I reconciled my checkbook, it looks like January will be tight...but February's looking up
- that I've secured February 11th off to chaperone our Youth trip to Washington DC
- that I got a lot of stuff "purged" over the weekend...you have no idea how happy this makes me!
Although...this poor item is most likely not going to make the cut...and will be purged to my local Goodwill...