Sunday, January 16, 2011

Eleven in '11 Update

So, how's my "Eleven in '11" going so far???  Or my "Thirteen in '11", if you prefer...

Let's see...

1. Paint my bathroom - I've been wanting to do this since shortly after I moved. I have yet to decide on a color, but I would like to commit to doing this this year.

No progress on this as of yet...but I do have a color swatch sitting in my bathroom...I'm trying to decide if it's a good color or not...I'm leaning towards "no".

2. Have professional pics made of me & Dylan - When I was generating this list in my head, this was on the list. However, I've already taken strides to have this completed! My sister introduced me via Facebook to a photographer friend of hers. I fell in love with her pictures and in January she was offering FREE sessions. How can I pass that up? So, we are having pics done NEXT SATURDAY! I'm beyond excited!

Well, this hasn't happened yet.  The lady who is to do the pictures has been sick! :(  But, we are hopefully going to have this taken care of in a couple of weeks!

3. Watch Casablanca, The Godfather & Cool Hand Luke - I have been intending to watch all three of three movies for a while...and actually have The Godfather & Cool Hand Luke on my DVR. So, I'm well on my way!

Even with a lazy snow day, I have not watched any of these movies yet.  But, hey...I've got 11 and 1/2 months left, right???

4. Take a trip with Dylan, somewhere - I'm hoping to repeat my September Caswell trip with my BFF's as we did last year...but I would like to take him somewhere...just us. I've already been thinking on one trip in my mind...just don't know if I'll have the $$ to do it this year! :)

Still in the hopeful planning stage...

5. Go to Boone - I didn't make it to Boone AT ALL in 2010...despite being very homesick at one point. So I WILL make a trip to Boone...once it warms up, because Boone is in the mountains. :)

Since Boone had blizzard like conditions last week (Appalachian State actually gave the students a "snow" day...which is unheard of), it's gonna be a while before this happens!

6. Begin a running/exercise program - I started Couch 2 5K this fall, but my greatest fears were not having time and the fact that it would soon be getting dark earlier - and our local park would be closing earlier. And that's exactly what happened. So, I'm hoping to get something started - something I will stick with.

No progress... *sigh*

7. Make better eating choices - I know that I need to make better choices with my eating. I can't continue eating like I do now and expect to remain healthy.

Again...no progress....this is depressing.  I still have Christmas candy in the house...need to finish eating that get rid of that.

8. Read my Bible at least Monday-Friday - This is one of those things that I do for a while, then fall off. I allow a lot of things to get in the way of spending time reading my Bible. I want to spend less time on the computer and watching TV and invest more time in reading my Bible.

Not doing this...yet

9. Along with reading my Bible, I want to have a quiet time DAILY - Another thing that I have a hard time keeping up with - especially on Saturday's & Sunday's.

Need to work on this, too...

10. Be more diligent in watching my finances - I hate paying bills and doing my checkbook. So I tend to put it off. I usually have a good idea of what's available...but by keeping up with this better, I think this will help me to be better at spending my money and planning ahead.

I *think* I'm doing OK with this...of course, I remembered today that my vehicle property tax is due at the end of this month...so, I might not be doing as well as I had hoped.

11. Spend less time on Facebook, Blogger & Twitter while at work - I have a tendency to just "jump on" real quick anytime I need to do something on the internet that IS work related...and then I forget what I was doing for work. It has become a bad habit and I want to be a more focused employee!

HAHAHAHAHA!  Yeah right...

In all seriousness, I've always found that a decrease in my workload usually results in an increase in time spent on these websites.  I'm not saying that justifies it...but I think I do put my actual work first.

Still, I'd like to see myself looking for more productive ways to spend my time at work when the workload decreases.

And what about the extra two items that were inadvertantly left off??

Run a 5K - once I start my running and/or exercising program, I'll be more likely to achieve this goal for this year.

Go through the receipts/bills/statements/paperwork that needs to be filed/purged  - I actually did work on this A LOT today and have a huge bag of garbage and a huge stack of papers that need to be shredded or burned!  This really makes me happy!

So, I don't plan to do these updates often...maybe once a month just to see where I'm at.  I know I'm only a couple of weeks into the new year...so I'm not feeling defeated yet on the items that I haven't made progress on!  But, as I see every year...the months tend to fly by...so I need to get moving! :)

No comments: