Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Just another day...

Generally I like the people I work with.  It's uncommon to get along with everyone, but there are not really any employees at my workplace that I don't get along with.  The one girl I couldn't stand is no longer here...so, really I like the people for the most part. 

However, there are days...like today...that several of them annoy me at once.  I guess I could take partial blame in this and admit that I'm a bit on the tired side today...but on the other side of this, is it necessary for my co-workers to daily remind me of my past mistakes or my personal shortcomings?  For instance, is it necessary to be constantly accused of spending my first  two years of college drunk and/or naked?  Because I got pregnant when I was 19 and had a child?  Or is it necessary for them to contanstantly remind me that at almost 34 I am still not married?  Or is it necessary for them to point out (incorrectly I might add) that my clothes don't match?  This last one elicited the mouthed "bite me" because when this was mentioned I was on the phone with another employee who was asking me to do something.  I know that I have made mistakes in my past...I mean, I have an almost 14 year old child.  Don't need the reminder.  And trust me, there is no one MORE aware of the fact that I am still single than me.  As far as fashion advice goes, I would have to say they can just back off because the two offenders of today are both married and I am almost certain they are daily inspected by their wives before they leave their respective houses.  So, really...is it necessary that I be reminded of all of this daily???

Sorry for the rant.  Its just been one of those days...

No comments: