Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I had a plan!!!!

I had a super busy 4th weekend...going to parades, hanging with my BFF, going to fireworks, etc., etc...I jumped on here on Monday, literally for a Monday Minute...thinking, it'll be OK!  I can blog about my super busy, super fun weekend on Tuesday when things slow down.  Yeah...as you can see...that didn't happen.

So...Monday...my niece had slept over on Sunday night and she was at my house until about noon.  She hates going anywhere, so I knew that trying to drag her to Verizon to get my phone fixed was out of the question...especially knowing how busy they'd probably be and we'd have to wait and, I love my niece, but she's not a wait-er.  My sis came to pick her up and so I decided to venture over to Verizon.  I knew what was wrong with my phone (needed a software upgrade) and I was hoping that it wouldn't take as long as the last time I'd had this done.  I'm sorry...what's that I hear...you laughing your head off???  Yeah...I should've known.  Anyway, I got to the store and I was only 4th in line.  I'm thinking - hey, it's my lucky day!  So, about 10 minutes later they call my name and I tell them my issue and that I think it needs a software upgrade.  The guy goes back to technical and they say, yes, indeed it needs a software update and it will take an hour.  An hour????  Yeah...

Since the Verizon place is about 15-20 minutes from my house, but a Target is conveniently located only 2 minutes from the store, I decided to kill an hour in Target.  Now, if I didn't need to waste an hour at Target, I would most definitely be there for an hour or more.  However, on this day I can't think of enough things to look at at Target.  I skip the clothes because quite honestly their clothes never fit me and I don't need any more clothes (I NEED to lose some weight so I can fit in the clothes I do have).  I go through the accessories and jewelry, wander through the shoes, look at books (my favorite thing!), look at movies & CD's, go through all the homewares, kitchen wares and seasonal...which I'm disappointed in because they are quickly moving it out to get ready for school supplies and I'm thinking "Not yet!!!"...and pick up a few things that I did need.  Finally I've wasted just about an hour.  So I hop back over to the Verizon store...only to have the tech guy look at my pick up ticket and say "Let's keep our fingers crossed that this one's done."  Oh, my...thankfully it was and I was on my way. 

After my Verizon/Target adventure, I headed home to get ready for a cookout at my parents house with them, my sis & her family and my Godparents, Don & Lynne.  My parents and Don & Lynne have been friends since high school.  In fact, my parents set them up!  Lynne was my mom's maid of honor.  It's all really sweet.  And they had two boys and Lynne is about as girly as they get...so, she always loved my sis & me.  We had a blast...even set off a few NC legal fireworks...which don't do much.  I ate way too much and went home very full and very sleepy.  And this is where my plan began to unravel...

About 2am I woke up with my stomach in knots!  We have Vacation Bible School next week...so of course, I stress over that.  I'm thinking this stomach thing and the non-sleep thing is just stress related.  At 6ish I drag myself out of bed, determined I'm going to work, inspite of the fact that I've had about 2 hours of sleep and I feel like crap.  I think I'll feel better when I get in the shower and start moving around.  WRONG!  I feel worse.  But the other girl I work with is on vacation this week and timesheets have to be done and I'm not running a fever, even though I'm getting chills.  And I do exactly what I absolutely hate for people to do...I go to work sick.  This is my pet peeve...mostly because the girl I work with does this ALL.THE.TIME.  And not with your average, ordinary cold!  I promise you she's gone to the doctor, from work, and she's had pneumonia.  And more times than not, she'll call and say...yeah, I have something very contagious!  GREAT!!!  And then she fusses at everyone else who walks in with a sniffle.  But I perservere and get up and go.  And I made it to 10:30am.  I just couldn't sit there any longer...all I wanted to do was sit and stare at my computer screen or put my head on my desk...and I thought, why am I doing this to myself???  So, I go home...barely able to keep my eyes open the entire 20 minute drive...and sleep for 2 1/2 hours.  Later, I realized I was running a fever...but it it didn't last long and by this morning I felt 100% better, except for no appetite.

But, it just gets better from there.  After work today, I run home to pick up a few things to take to Dylan because he & my dad have to go to get haircuts...and I walk in my house and think "gosh, it's warm in here".  I look at my thermostat and it says 81 degrees.  Now, my air has never cooled real well in the heat of the summer and the high today was 97...so, I think, I guess I'm really going to have to call the A/C guy...but maybe I can put it off another week.  But something just doesn't seem right.  My fan is blowing...but something's missing...and then I realize what's missing is the whirring of the unit out back.  And I check...and it's doing nothing.  Nothing at all.  Just sitting there like a lump of steel and mesh and whatever else is an A/C unit.  I go to my parents to give Dylan his stuff...ask my Dad...check everything that I can check...and nothing happens.  So, I sit in my hot house while I wait for them to get back.  On the plus side, I got a whole lot done for VBS...but it was REALLY warm in there.  He came and looked at it...nothing made it come back on.  So...now, here I sit in the "pink" room at my parents house.  It's the pink room because Mom has made it up for Alyson.  It's really cute, minus the rust orange carpet that is original to the house that my parents have never had replaced.  But there's no TV...no curtains...no toilet in the attached half bath (a long story on that one)...and it's not my bed.  But, on the other side, it's cool.

*sigh*

Yeah...that's my week so far.  I'm hoping and praying for a quick, cheap repair.  Yeah...I hear you laughing at me again...

So, you didn't get to hear about my fun 4th weekend...but, I needed to vent...to get that all out...because otherwise I might go crazy...

well, crazier...

Thanks for listening! :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

And those darn ait conditioner fixes can be SO pricey... BOO! Good luck.

Michelle Pixie said...

I hope it doesn't cost you too much to fix and that your week settles down some. =) I am glad you are feeling better!

shortmama said...

Hope its not too much to get fixed!

If you can leave your email address in my comments or email me at ashortmama@gmail.com and I will send you my address for the post card. Thanks so much!